Last week while I was frolicking about New England and Canada, Siri Paulson nominated me for the Liebster Award, which I had honestly never heard of before. Siri writes about writing, books, and other interesting things, and I highly recommend following her. She puts a lot more work and thought into her entries than I do.
(No relation to the Apple AI. Or is there? Duh duh duuuuun…)
Here’s the rules for the award as per Siri:
1. Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 400 followers. (I am…not actually sure I qualify on this.)
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here are the questions Siri left:
1. Star Wars or Star Trek?
You know, don’t you, Squiders? Trek, of course. There’s something about it that resonates somewhere. Or it might just be that I have literally been watching it since birth. Who knows? It’s not that I don’t like Star Wars as well–I especially enjoy the original trilogy, and a lot of the books–but if I have to pick one, it’s the one that boldly goes.
2. What’s your favourite item of clothing? Why?
I am especially partial to tall boots and sweaters. So hoorah for it finally being autumn!
3. What do you like best about blogging?
The captive audience. >_> No, no, I like that it forces me to write something a few times every week, especially if I’m in a spot in my projects, such as editing or submitting, where not much writing is being accomplished otherwise.
4. If you could live in another country, which one would it be?
I would very much like to move to Bavaria in Southern Germany, or northern Austria. We visited a few years ago, and perhaps it is just because it is the land of (some of) my ancestors, but I really liked it. The landscapes! The people! The culture! The ruined castles! Mmm, ruined castles.
5. Tea or coffee?
Tea. And even if I didn’t adore tea (perhaps too much?), coffee melts my stomach lining. Alas, it is too acidic for me.
6. Oceans or mountains?
Mountains mountains mountains. Give me a tall peak covered in trees, and I will be happy forever. This is probably in evidence on my Nature board on Pinterest.
7. What are you reading right now?
I’ve just started Murder With Peacocks by Donna Andrews. It looks like my favorite sort of cozy mystery, so I am excited for it. And I’m also reading The Moon Pool by A. Merritt, which is sort of Jules Verne-y science fiction. I am enjoying it quite a bit as long as I ignore the science bits.
8. Tell us a memory from when you were a kid.
When I was about 8, I convinced my younger cousins and sister that the spotlight in the sky (none of us, myself included, had any idea what it actually was) was a UFO coming to kidnap us. And when they ran off to tell on me, I hid so they’d think I’d been abducted.
I got in a bunch of trouble for that one, but I regret nothing.
9. Who’s your favourite superhero (or supervillain)?
I am not really a fan of the superhero subgenre, but I do like Batman (especially the Animated Series version), and I am currently fond of Thor, not just because he’s played by Chris Hemsworth (though that certainly helps).
10. Vampires, werewolves, or zombies?
I am not really a fan of any of the above. It’s not just because they’re done to death; there’s just something about them that doesn’t do it for me. If I had to pick one, I’d go werewolves. At least they’re not undead.
I’m not sure I know 10 blogs that qualify for the Liebster Award, but I will nominate a few here, to do as they please, and if you’d like me to add you on, please let me know and I shall. But I nominate:
1. Ian Dudley
3. Dianna Bell
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to answer the following:
1. What is your favorite ’50s-’70s era television show?
2. Why did you decide to start a blog?
3. Is this your first blog?
4. What’s the best book you’ve read in the last year?
5. Marvel or DC?
6. Kirk or Picard?
7. If a landsquid knocked on your door, would you give him a cookie?
8. How does it make you feel that it is already October?
9. Would you rather be attacked by ceiling turtles or a pack of telekinetic squirrels?
10. If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would it be?