Last week we talked about focus, Squiders, and my lack of it lately. I am pleased to say I am getting somewhere now! Well, sort of.
I was somewhat waylaid bad a nasty bout of vertigo over the weekend, which was not fun and seems to be lingering a bit, though it’s mostly gone at this point. I’ve also got a bit of headache, but I’m not sure that’s related.
But other than that, progress! But not necessarily related to writing.
As we talked about last week, I had four goals for June, only one of which got done while the other three had minimal progress. As a recap:
- Write and edit a short story for an anthology, due July 15.
- Get to the conflict remapping stage of the edit/revision on the first draft of my Trilogy book one.
- Finalize the new description for Shards.
You might also remember about three weeks ago when I said the sewing bug had come a-biting. You might also also remember that the larger, mobile one is out of school and we are all going insane.
So, where have I made progress? Well, I have made some writing progress.
- I’m at about 7K for my story, which is probably about 60% done. I’ve been writing about 1K a day on it, so I should hit the deadline on Friday.
- One of the first steps that I do on the revision stage of a book is to look at all the characters and make notes for tweaks/identify issues that need to be fixed. This is a high fantasy trilogy, so there are a lot of characters. I am finally done with that. I’m now ready to start tackling plot issues (of which there are many).
- I sent the hopefully final version out to the two people who have been helping me. Unless they come back with something major, this is probably done. Yay!
On the sewing front, I took the smaller, less mobile one to the fabric store on Friday, where we bought patterns, fabric, and necessary accessories. The larger, mobile one and I have been doing crafts, trying to do it daily for our own sanity. So today we finally put our fairy house out in the garden (we’ve been working on for about a month) since we got the furniture in the mail, and we also made fabric bracelets, which was a bit of a fail, since mine are too big and his is too small. Alas. Here’s pics, though.
Man, the captions look terrible on this platform. Blegh.
Gotten anything useful done lately, Squiders?